-----Original Message-----
From: rgheck [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 28 July 2008 15:44
To: Marwan Boustany
Cc: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
Subject: Re: Math in a footnote

Marwan Boustany wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 21:50:16 +0100, Marwan Boustany
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> This shouldn't be a problem. I do it all the time. There must be some
>>> other issue. See if you can get the attached file to work. If not, we
>>> can start there. If so, there must be another issue in your file.
>>>
>>> rh
>>>

>> Peace,
>>
>> I tried to open it, you see what i saw in the three pictures.
>>
>> I have full miktex 2.7 installed, up to date.
>> lyx 1.5.5.3 on windows xp sp3
>>
>> Thank you for your time
>>

> Ok the images are not available for download...  Well I see the text
> and footnote...  That was the what I see attachment.
>
> The first error says:
>
> The layout file requested by this document, paper. layout, is not
> usable. This is probably because a LaTeX class or style File required
> by it is not available, See the Customization documentation For more
> information, LyX will not be able to produce output.

That's a different thing. You don't have paper.cls installed, which is
what I use by default. Just change the document class to article in
Document>Settings.

> The second error says:
>
> No inlormation or exporting the Format PDF (pdIlatex).

Could be the same cause. Try what I said above and try exporting again.

Rh

I tried what you said, it just says the format is unavailable. I have a
complete miktex installation here with the install packages on the fly
enabled...

Strange.

Marwan