On Wednesday 30 July 2008 08:21, killermike wrote:
> The original question that starts is poorly conceived but this Slashdot
> thread brings up quite a lot of references to LyX in the comments.
>
> http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/07/29/0039201

I find this response quite topical considering the discussions from several
days ago:

"Any replacement for LaTeX that intends to do most of the same things is
pretty much doomed to be markup language, even if you dump XML pixie dust on
it. XML after all is just a horrible human unreadable markup language
itself."

I'm NOT trying to imply that XML wouldn't make the LyX developers' job much
easier or that we shouldn't go to XML. I'm merely putting this forth as a
different way of describing the POWERUSER problems created by XML (yes, I'm
looking in to YAML as an intermediate parsing format).

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package
http://www.recession-relief.US