On Jul 31, 2008, at 10:07 AM, James Sutherland wrote:

On Jul 31, 2008, at 7:35 AM, Luke Lindsay wrote:

I am using Lyx to write my thesis. I have a number of figures in EPS format which are produced by various programs (Stata, Maple, Open office draw). I would like the fonts in the figures to be consistent with the one used in the main body of the text, i.e. same font and size. What is the best way to achieve this? Ideally, I'd like to be able to change the font in used in the main document have font used in the figures updated automatically but I’m not sure if this is possible.

Luke

have a look at psfrag
        http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/psfrag.html
James

I have had the same problem. I resigned myself to drawing figures using psgraph from the pstricks-add package. It is a bit of a pain. You have to export the data (from Stata, Maple, etc.) into a text file. Then you have to write commands to load this information and display it.

-Ivan