Hello,

I've recognized some Problems in both Lyx 1.6b4 and rc1 on MacOS 10.5 which I would like to report here. I don't know if these are bugs and/ or platform specific; so here they are:

- When I start Lyx 1.6 and costumize the appearance settings via the "Preferences..." dialogue and then click on the "Apply" button or the "Save" button, a new item appears in the OSX menu bar labelled "special" with the menu items "Preferences", "About Lyx" (both greyed out) and "Quit Lyx". In the normal "Lyx" menu "Reconfigure" now appears two times and "Preferences..." isn't responsive any more. The only solution is to quit and restart Lyx via the "special" menu. Changes of preferences are lost then if you clicked "Apply" only.

- When I open a Lyx file by dragging it on the Lyx icon in the Dock the file is opened in an extra window without any toolbars and a second window opens with the toolbars in default arrangement (not the one costumized) but without any document in it. After this all costumized menu bar arrangements and prior window sizes are lost when restarting Lyx. The same thing happens when I open a Lyx file by doubleclicking on it.

But now some praise: The new autocompletion thing is really great!

Cheers,
Johannes