Christian,

Thanks for the reply, I did actually find the solution, which was to run reconfigure. I did think this was only when you added or updated Tex, but wondered if it might force the files to "grab" the Lyx defaults. Which it did.

I actually posted this fix to the forum yesterday, but it seems to have gone astray.

The French was only in Lyx, but as I say, now seems fixed.

Thanks again,

Graham