Paul Smith wrote:
Dear All,

Regarding the attached Beamer presentation example, I have two questions:

1. How can I have a numbered table of contents?

\setbeamertemplate{sections/subsections in toc}[ball]{} in the preamble. Change 'ball' to a different format choice if desired; chanbge 'sections/subsections' to just sections if you don't want subsection numbers included (assuming you have subsections in the first place). See Beamer User Guide, section 10.5.

2. How can I add the section title in the footer, with left-side alignment?

Method 1: \setbeamertemplate{footline}[text line]{\strut\insertsectionhead} in the preamble.

Method 2: Use an outer theme that includes foot lines (or a presentation theme that uses an outer them that includes footlines) and either

(2a) hack the outer theme file or
(2b) override it in the preamble with something like the above.

Note that screwing with the contents of the footline may require that you also screw with the foreground/background colors (if any).

/Paul