Hi all,

I started using Lyx1.5.3 on Ubuntu 8.04, and I have two problems when trying
to put centered figures into a document. What I do is the following: Insert
-> Floating object -> Figure  (sorry if the translation is not right), and
the Insert -> Image, then browse and find my *****.eps file.

First problem : the figure is not showed in the LyX window. Instead I obtain
a message "converting to a readable format", (or something like that) and
then "error in conversion". When I choose not to show the figure in the LyX
window I don't have this error. However, this is not that bad, since the
picture is o.k in the dvi, the ps and the pdf  files. This problem does not
happens if I insert a .png file.

Second, and most important: The caption "Figura 1" should be at the bottom
of the figure, and not at its left (see attached file).

Thanks

JC