On Tue, 19 Aug 2008, Graham Smith wrote:

I have asked in another question (sa far without a solution) about problems with getting a Lyx file created on a Mac to compile on Windows (it compiles fine on Linux).

As I intend sharing files with a Windows user, is this a common problem, and is there any routine methods of avoiding it. Creating files on Macs/Linux that then won't compile on Windows is a major problem for me. Indeed, it will force me to stop using Lyx as our main document processor, as compatibility is fundamental.

Hi Graham,

I'm forwarding your post to the developers' list. We'd greatly appreciate a small example file that demonstrates the problem, can you supply one?

AFAIK, there shouldn't be any cross-platform issues. You may however have system compatibility issues, e.g. if some non-standard LaTeX packages that your document uses are missing from one of the systems.

Best regards,
Christian

--
Christian Ridderström, +46-8-768 39 44            http://www.md.kth.se/~chr