Hesham Kamel wrote:
Hi,
I am a new Latex user and I have started to write my thesis using LyX.
I have each chapter in a separate folder.
Please,
I want to know how do make LyX generate lists like:
*the bibliography, lists of figures and tables*, *and table of
contents*from these separate files
and make them appear also in separate files in the order they appeared
within chapters?
Thank you
If i undestand correctly you want to have your
You need to have a master file in which you can include TOC,LOF,LOT from the inster menus then go to the insert menu file option and select the child document this will open a new windo from where u can choose you chapter file. Keep all your settings (page setting and preamble) in the master file so you dont have to these for each chapter. As for the bibliography you can also include that in the master document and from the insert menu and use your references in the chapter were you want them they should appear properly when you output the master file.

regards,

kamran