On 21.08.08, Steve Litt wrote:

> I write letters in LyX too. The letter template makes it brutally easy,
> except you need to remember to insert the \date{9/9/2099} via ERT or
> every time you print it the date will change.

Why don't you create your own template then, which reminds you on
including the date.  All you have to do is to change the standard
template and store it in your "templates" directory.

(Well, maybe you already did so and just want to warn readers about the
date issue.)

BTW: There is a "Date" Style in dinbrief, so you do not need ERT, I do
     not know about the standard letter, though.

Günter