edi wrote:
Up to a couple of hours I was able to see my lyx file in PDF format, but it
mysteriously stopped working. If I attempt DVI or PS, it doesn't do
anything, as if I didn't even click the buttons.

Are there perhaps some processes hanging? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

First question: does this happen just with one file (in which case the file is somehow broken), or does it happen with any document (in which case either LyX or your LaTeX distro is broken)?

If it's just the one document, try exporting it as a LaTeX file and run latex (or pdflatex) against it to see if it compiles correctly.

/Paul