On 25 Aug 2008, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Aug 2008, Anthony Campbell wrote:
>
> > I'm using the default book category.
> >
> > The chapter headings come out on the left-hand (even number) page. This
> > doesn't seem to be usual in any of the books I look at. Is there a way
> > to make it appear on every page, or alternatively on the right-hand
> > (odd number) page?
>
> I use fancy headers and I have:
>
> % I want chapter on right odd pages to right side
> % and book title on left even pages to left side
> \fancyhead{}% delete the default header
> \fancyhead[LE]{I put title here}
> \fancyhead[RO]{\leftmark}

This doesn't seem to work for me - perhaps I'm misssing something. Do
you put it at the beginning of Chapter 1?

This does work:

\pagestyle{myheadings}
\markboth{Book title}{chapter title}

But the code has to be inserted for each chapter and and the correct
chapter title inserted, so it's only semi-automated.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
and sceptical articles)