On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 4:18 PM, Pierfranco Minsenti <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have checked my installation of ImageMagick: 6.3.3.
> Most elements are in the .usr/local/lib
> Maybe I installed it when I installed the full MacTeX package containing
> the texlive2007 package.

It *is* installed with MacTeX.

If you can, you might want to wait a week or so (it should be out "real soon
now") to download MacTeX based on texlive 2008; installing that will give
you a new installation of ImageMagick. Alternatively, you could use MacTeX
2007 to do it again.

But these are big downloads, and I'm not even sure if this will solve the
problem.

> Now, since I am a totally beginner in the Lyx and Latex arena (I have been
> using, LyX for 3 weeks), I am not sure about what are the right ways for
> uninstalling/installing LaTeX packages and additional software.
> Perhaps I could do the two operations through the i-Installer? However I
> have just checked it for ImageMagick and it says that ImageMagick is being
> updated and then is not available. Maybe I could download it from
> http://www.imagemagick.org/? But then how could I uninstall the present
> version and install the new one?
> Sorry, but since I am used only to uninstall ordinary applications by
> moving them from the Application folder to the Trash, which is not the case
> with ImageMagick, I am unsure about how to uninstall ImageMagick and then
> reinstall it.

I don't know how hard it is to build from scratch. Another option would be
to use macports or fink to install it for you.

Bennett