On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 9:12 AM, squidy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello I am very new to this ...
>
> I'm using LyX 1.5.5 in Windows XP.
> I'm using JabRef 2.3.1 to manage my bibliography.
> I'm using the document class 'article' and have bibliography set to Natbib
> author-year.
>
> Here's my problem,
> I have written my Master's Thesis in the document class article but I am
> required to format my references according to APA manual, 5th edition. I
> have tried the packages called apalike and apalike2, these work but they get
> it almost but not quite right, (volume numbers aren't emphasised and inbook
> references are incorrectly formatted).
>
> I saw in this forum that there is a package called apacite, I have installed
> this in MikTeX, however I can't get it to work. When I compile the document
> I get an error message which says LyX LaTeX error - Undefined control
> sequence, repeated many times! This also happens on my computer at home
> where I'm running v. 1.5.3 in Ubuntu HH.
>
> Can anyone help with this? I don't want to go back to using MS Word :(
> Thank you
>

> --

There is a package conflict between apacite and Natbib. Please read
through the apacite documentation and specifically the Natbib section:

http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/biblio/bibtex/contrib/apacite/apacite.pdf

It seems that apacite needs to be loaded before Natbib, but because of
the LyX document settings Natbib will be loaded first. So, the real
question to post to the list is how do you load apacite before Natbib?
Which I don't know.

Cheers,
/Bob