> This may not be the slickest way, but I think you can do it all right in Lyx
> (or just  latex) with pdfpages
>
> in the preamble...
> \usepackage{pdfpages}
> \includepdfset{pagecommand={\thispagestyle{fancy}}}
>
> in the document...
> define what you want in the headers in ERT with \lhead{} etc.
>
> \includepdf[pages=-]{filename.pdf}

This will work. Thanks for giving me a hint. I was able to do some simple
tests using fancydhr and pdfpages packages to do what I want. Now I just
need to tune the placement of the PDF content and the headers/footers
(including rules). I used LyX for my tests, but since I won't be doing any
content writing or maintenance, I will probably just do in a very short
LaTeX file in vi and use pdflatex.

Thanks again!