So I really like lyx for writing; I'm using it in a book which you may view
here:

http://www.subspacefield.org/security/security_concepts.html

In any case, I want to be able to use lyx for editing, but have a script
or Makefile for each project that generates PDF, HTML or both.

I'm wondering if anyone else feels that manually exporting these things is
not the Unix way and if they've cooked together some scripts or makefiles.

I am well aware of lyx -e, but I've found that it chooses a convertor
in some manner but I don't know how (the one it chooses is
suboptimal).  Furthermore, I don't understand the filename.lyxConv
convention.  Therefore, I've been avoiding it.

Also, I'm having to use a manually-compiled tth because my book
triggered a bug (now fixed but not in ubuntu archives yet) in tth.

Finally, I'm using images, and they need to be grouped with the book's
HTML when publishing that way.

I've been experimenting a bit and this is what I have, but it's suboptimal:

#! /usr/bin/make

LYX="lyx"

STAGING="$(HOME)/save/www.subspacefield.org/security/"

# $@ is target of rule
# $< is first prerequisite
%.tex: %.lyx
        $(LYX) -e latex $<

%.pdf: %.tex
        pdflatex $<

# Does not work right just yet
%.html: %.tex
        /home/travis/me/security/tth -t -e2 $<

install: $(TARGETS)
        chmod -R a+rX $^
        cp -pR $^ $(STAGING)

clean:
        -bash -c 'rm $(PAPER).{toc,tex,snm,pdf,out,nav,log,aux,tlg,log,dvi,aux}'

Anyone else trying similar tricks?
--
Crypto ergo sum.  http://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/
Truth does not fear scrutiny or competition, only lies do.