I have a large Nota Bene word processor file which was edited by a
friend (not sure with what program, but not Nota Bene). I exported this
file from Nota Bene as a utf-8 text file, then imported it into Lyx as a
Plain Text file, and edited it using Lyx. No problems up to this point.
The problems began when I tried to view it as a pdf file. I get this
error message: "Could not find LaTeX command for character '' (code
point 0xfeff). 0xfeff is the Unicode zero width non-break space
character. I've not been able to find that character in the file even
using Emacs hexl-mode. Any ideas about how to solve this?

  • 0xfeff Louis A. Turk