I installed Lyx 1.5.6 on Windows using the standard installer but found
that many images became clipped when converting from .emf (Windows
metafile) to .eps format. After quite a lot of searching I disscovered
that the problem lay in the settings of the newly installed metafile2esp
pseudo-printer. In the "Device Settings" section of the printer
properties the "Form to Tray Assignment" setting was A4 for both the
"Tray" and "Manual" feeds. Setting these two parameters to "Huge" solved
the clipping problem.

I am not enough of a Windows expert to be sure, but I think the problem
may arise because when it installs a new printer, Windows defaults to
the selections that were chosen last time a printer was installed rather
than using a fixed set of defaults. Because I had previously installed a
real postscript printer, my tray sizes defaulted to A4. This may be
entirely the wrong explanation, but I hope that, in any case, this
message helps anyone else who experiences the same clipping problem with
metafile2eps.

Mike