> (I observed my watch a few times RC2 needed around 25-30 seconds from the
> moment I clicked the OK button of the inset-image-dialog, 1.5.0 needs
> certainly less than 5 seconds. No representative sample ;-)

ugh. is this waiting done by cpu usage or swapping?

i just nearly freezed my box from swapping trying to reproduce the problem.
just took ~100 pictures i played little bit with resizing them. finally
after kill -9 of lyx instance i had only little memory. top showed that
X server consumes several hundres of mb. i remember we have some kind of
such report in bugzilla. bouncing to devel.

pavel