Guy Rutenberg wrote:

> Hi,
>

> On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 11:26 PM, Uwe Stöhr
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> OK, I used the default esint package math option, therefore I couldn't
>> see this. I don't know exactly, but remember that we only turn off
>> automatically detection of the amssymb package but not the amsmath
>> package to keep documents compilable.

If this is the case it is a bug IMHO. In earlier versions of LyX, if the
user set the ams math switch to off, amsmath was not loaded at all, even if
that would make the document uncompilable. The reason for this behaviour
was to solve problems like the one reported. There are a couple of commands
in amsmath that are also provided by other packages, and in some cases
those other packages are wanted.

> Is there a way to completly turn off the amsmath detection? If there isn't
> a gui option to do it, is there a simple way to disable it in the code?

You can probably comment it out in LaTeXFeatures.cpp.

> BTW is this behaivior expected to remain in future versions of LyX?

I hope not, it would be a bug IMHO.

Georg