On Oct 11, 2008, at 7:11 PM, Andre Poenitz wrote:

On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 02:20:36PM +0300, Dmitrii Dimandt wrote:
Hi all

I have a LaTeX file created with TexMate and saved with
"UTF8(recommended)"

When I import this file into Lyx, I get anything but cyrillic in my
text: http://images.dmitriid.com/misc/tex/lyx.png (top of screenshot is what it shouldve looked like and bottom of the picture is what it looks
like in Lyx)

My settings for Lyx are:
Default language: English
Language package: \usepackage[english,russian]{babel}
TeX encoding: T2A

And for the document I tried everything: language Russian, default
encoding, utf8 - nothing works :(

I know that this issue has supposedly been fixed in 1.5.6, but here I am
on 1.5.6 and importing utf8-encoded LaTeX files doesn't work :(

I guess there's a misunderstanding between Texmate, MacOS and Lyx on
what utf8 actually means :) I hope there's somebody who has this figured
out. Anyone? Help?

Can you send me a .tex file that LyX failed to import?

Andre'

sure. This is a minimal doc. I'll give it here and I'll attach it as well.

\documentclass[a4paper]{article}

\usepackage[T2A]{fontenc}
\usepackage[utf8x]{inputenc}
\usepackage{ucs}
\usepackage[english,russian]{babel}

\begin{document}

Нажмите Ctrl-Alt-Del для достижения нирваны (Press Ctrl-Alt-Del to reach nirvana)

\end{document}

Make sure to save it as UTF8 under MacOS