I've installed LyX 1.6.0-rc3 (the bundle) on Windows and have been playing around with it. I just tried exporting a document to PDF, but I don't think it's working properly. I was confused at first about not getting a file dialog asking me to save the file, but I found in the user's guide that "The resulting files are placed in the directory of your LyX-file." However, this definitely isn't the case! I don't seem to get any result.

I even tried copying my LyX file to C:\a.lyx (to eliminate the possibility of filename/path issues) and opening it from there, but export still seems to do absolutely nothing. Is this a bug I should report, or am I doing/understanding something wrong? I've tried PDF (pdflatex) and also exporting as Plain text.

--Mitchell