Uwe Stöhr wrote:
Olivier Ripoll schrieb:

Although I chose not to install for all users, it created an application data folder in the administrator folder and for other users (all administration related users... that's 4 on my machine). Is this expected ?

This is a bug then. This should only happen when installing for all users.

I could reproduce it with RC3 too. It is 100% reproducible for me. Whatever choice for the "install for all users" option, it will install for other users (expect for "Default User" and "All users").

Little warning for other RC-testers: The application data folder is deleted/overwritten, even if you chose to keep it when un-installing RC3. So backup it before installation if you want not to lose you custom layout modules...

C:\Dokuments and Settings\<name>\Application Data\lyx16
is overwritten?

yep

I cannot reproduce this and this should not be the case.

I have difficulties to reproduce. I did many uninstall/install cycles orf RC4 and RC3<->RC4 (erasing the aspell and lyx16 app folder in the other users folder each time) and I am not sure I could reproduce it (I think once, but I may have do something wrong...). It could also have been a problem with RC3 un-install or more likely, the bug is between the keyboard and the chair...

Best regards,

Olivier

PS: I noticed that RC3 crashed often when I started Excel or Powerpoint (betas and other RC also IIRC). Although it is not easily reproducible (it needs to be after a session of real work, not just after starting LyX). I am not subscribed to the devel list, but I wanted to mention it as it looks similar to the message "lyx rc3 crashing all the time" by Edwin Leuven on the devel list a few days ago.

regards Uwe