f l wrote:
Excuse me! I am a fresh man of lyx! But I have used latex months! To my
disappointment,I can't understand how to use lyx to edit the article and get
the pdf of the article!
Here is I want to try on lyx:
\documentclass{article}

\begin{document}

This is my first lyx document.

\end{document}

Can you tell me is there some errors?And can you give me an example of
original file of lyx ,what's more ,can you give a picture to explain how to
run lyx to get the pdf? Thank you !

First, you posted this to the documentation development list, not to the user list. Questions like this go to [EMAIL PROTECTED] You'll want to join that list, too, and maybe get off the documentation list.

The LyX Tutorial, which you can find under Help>Tutorial, will answer this question and many more. (Maybe you should read Help>Introduction first.) After you've read the tutorial, you might want to have a look at Help>User's Guide.

That said, do this:
1. Open LyX.
2. File>New
3. Type "This is my first LyX document."
4. View>PDF (pdflatex)
This should compile the document and show you the pdf. If you want to see the LaTeX that LyX produced, then:
5. View>View Source
6. Check the "Complete source" button.
And if you want a copy of the pdf:
7. File>Save (and choose a place to save it)
7. File>Export>PDF (pdflatex)
That'll dump a copy of the PDF in the same directory as where you saved the file.

rh