Hello,

I'm on Windows, so what I say must be adapted to linux.

On Windows the command is tree and I used it and suceeded to import my tree in LyX using either LyX Code or listings.
The pdf looks OK, so everything seems to work. Here's what I did :

With LyX Code
I switch to LyX Code environnement and then I paste the tree ( Shift-Control V on windows ).
I return to standard environnement.

Note : you MUST be in the LyX Code environnement when you paste because else LyX will supress all multiple spaces !

With the Listings package, first  Insert > Listing and then paste.

Hope it helps.

Siegfried.