You can use the package geometry for to do that.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Shirley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 11:13 PM
Subject: Book Class Margin Problems

I am a brand-new user of LyX, and I am trying to prepare a book for
publication at CreateSpace. I am using version 1.5.6 with Windows Vista. I
had no problems with the typesetting, the book looks great. However, I am
having problems with the margins.  CreateSpace requires a minimum 1/2" for
top, bottom and outer margin; and 3/4" for inner, or gutter, margin. The
inner and outer margins came out OK, but they keep telling me that the top
and bottom margins are too narrow. I originally set the margins at .5" for
top and bottom in Document Settings, CreateSpace said that was too narrow.

I thought perhaps the headers and footers were intruding into the margin, so
I set them wider than required -- .75". I just got an e-mail today from
support at CreateSpace, saying that the top and bottom margins were still
too narrow. However, as a result of increasing the top and bottom margins,
the length of my book increased by six pages. This is what I would have
expected as a result of widening the margins.

Can anyone tell me what the default settings are for the margins in Book
Class?  Also can anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong in setting my
margins? Any help will be appreciated.

Shirley