On Fri, 7 Nov 2008, Steve Litt wrote:

To: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
From: Steve Litt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Adding page breaks?

On Friday 07 November 2008 06:27:11 am Keith Roberts wrote:
Hi all. I have some content that I want on the same page. At
the moment it is spread across the bottom of one page, and
goes to the top of the next one.

Is there any way to put a page break in the document to
force the following content to all appear together, on the

I believe \newpage or Insert->Formatting->Page_Break or something like that
will do that for you, but I don't think that's what you want. It might really
look ugly, and every time you modify the doc you'll need to check and maybe
tweak it.

If it were me, I'd put the material that must be "kept together" inside a
minipage or a \parbox. See the embedded objects manual available from your
LyX help menu.

By putting the material together in a minipage or \parbox instead of
strongarming a pagebreak, you let LaTeX figure out how to make it all look
right.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package
http://www.recession-relief.US

Thanks for that tip Steve. I've gone for the minipage - that seems to do the trick.

Kind Regards,

Keith

Websites:
http://www.php-debuggers.net