Keith Roberts wrote:
I have a footnote I want to refer to, three times on one page.

I copied the first footnote to other parts of the text. However I'm getting the same footnote appearing at the bottom of the page three times, each with a different footnote number, but all with the same footnote text.

All I want is the same footnote reference number in three places in my document, all refering to one instance of the footnote. Is this possible at all please?

Yes, it is possible, but you need some LaTeX magic to accomplish it. This was recently discussed on this list and I found the package to do it, so have a look through the archives. I'm not up for searching for it again myself....

rh