Paul A. Rubin wrote:
Olivier Ripoll wrote:
Eran Kaplinsky wrote:
The Debian package works well!
A mild annoyance: files prepared with RC5 (and older, I suppose) can't be opened. The fileformat must be changed for the file to open.

Eran

I had a similar issue on WinXP from RC3->RC5 (I had to use RC4 for all files), but the 1.6.0 version opens all RC5 files fine for me here. Could it be some lyx2lyx issues ? (missing python stuff?, launch LyX from a terminal and look at the error messages).

I think so. RC5 would not open any of my old (1.5.x) docs, but 1.6.0 seems to open all of them. The problem with RC5 looked like some sort of Python issue based on output to shell, but I didn't make any serious attempt to track it down, since 1.6.0 came out so quickly.

/Paul

Hi,

Actually, the bug you hit looks like the one Uwe fixed by re-releasing RC5 (4-11 was the first installer, he released 4-12 a few days later, see his recent post on the devel-list in response to your message). I had this Rc3->RC5 issue even with the second installer. But I used RC4 to convert.

Best regards,

Olivier