On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 7:25 PM, A. Scottedward Hodel
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Before I say anything else:
>
> THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to all who worked on LyX 1.6 and who ported it
> to Mac/fink, etc.  This is a fantastic piece of software that I love to
> demonstrate to students and colleagues.
>
> Mac OS X 10.5 / .dmg install
>
> I had to make two changes in my mac.bind file.  (I don't know if these are
> faults in the distributed mac.bind file, or if they were copied from my
> LyX-1.5 folder when I installed.)
>
> (1) In my mac.bind file for LyX 1.6 I had to make the following change:
>
> \bind "S-Right"                 "forward-select"
> \bind "S-Left"                  "backward-select"
>
> change to
>
> \bind "S-Right"                 "char-forward-select"
> \bind "S-Left"                  "char-backward-select"
>
> (2) I also had to make the change
>
> \bind "C-Return"               "break-line"

> \bind "C-Return"                "newline-insert"

My guess is that you have a mac.bind file in your user's directory
somewhere. The mac.bind file distributed with 1.6 (in
LyX.app/Contents/Resources/bind) is correct.

Note, by the way, that LyX > Preferences > Editing > Shortcuts allows
you to modify keybindings without resorting to editing .bind files.

Bennett