Christopher Reeve wrote:
Sorry, I hit send to early by mistake.

Hi, I would like to refer to LyX in my Acknowledgements and would like to
hyperlink the \lyx symbol to the website. I tried doing this by entering the
LaTeX command,
\href{http://www.lyx.org/}{\LyX<http://www.lyx.org/%7D%7B%5CLyX>}.
The strange thing is that this sometimes works, but mostly returns an error
when I compile my document. The error I get is

Undefined control sequence

...ld thank \href{http://www.lyx.org/}{\LyX}
                                                   with which I wrote
The control sequence at the end of the top line
of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have
misspelled it (e.g., `\hobx'), type `I' and the correct
spelling (e.g., `I\hbox'). Otherwise just continue,
and I'll forget about whatever was undefined.

Any ideas what the problem is or how else I can achieve my goal? I've
referenced a couple of other bits of sofware and it would be a pity either
not to ue the LyX symbol nor not to provide a link.

The problem is that the \LyX macro is only defined if you type "LyX" somewhere in your document. You could define it yourself in the preamble---look at the LaTeX of a document that contains "LyX" to see the code.

rh