2008/11/17 Konrad Hofbauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Konrad Hofbauer wrote:
>>
>> Unknown wrote:
>>>
>>> He says the photos won't print because they don't have a screen.
>

>> Is it some printers' jargon, or a bad translation?
>
> The first.
> See: <http://www.adobe.com/studio/print/pdf/prepress_terms.pdf>
>
> Can't help you much here, sorry.
>
> (But then, it is really the printer who should know how to do the color
> separation.)

I now understand :-) But it seems they use very archaic methods of
preparing for print. Normally rasterization process in separation or
b&w printing is currently done automatically these days when film or
plate is prepared to photoset (I don't know proper term in English for
"naświetlarka").

Such process you describe I remember from ages of old Ventura under
Windows 3.1, when every picture has to have LPI and raster angles
defined separately.

--
Manveru
jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]