Hi,

I was trying to use Skim and LyX 1.5.7 for inverse PDF searching. It did
not work for me. MacOSX 10.5.5.

I did the following:

-----

install mactex 2008

put \usepackage{pdfsync} in the preamble

set the pdf (pdflatex) viewer to open -a Skim.app

restart lyx

on viewing the PDF file, Skim gets called, fine.

I set lyx as the editor for inverse search in Skim.

Now, option-click or option-shift click is supposed to jump to the line
in the lyx editor, but it doesn't.

-----

I tried explicitly deleting .lyxpipe.in and .lyxpipe.out, which are in
the default location ~/Library/Application Support/Lyx-1.5/ and then
restarting lyx.

I also tried to run lyx -dbg any: no message at all when clicking the
PDF file in Skim.

Any ideas what goes wrong? is this lyx or skim?

cheers, Nils