Mikhail Teterin wrote:
rgheck wrote:
= If you're working with a huge document, you're better breaking it up = into sub-documents anyway, as LyX will be much more responsive.

I have a beefy machine and don't (yet?) notice poor responsiveness...

I certainly hope you won't notice any problem of responsiveness, even for a thousand page document. IMO, the only two benefits of multipart document are:

1) you want to often preview the result (dvi or pdf)
2) you want to share some parts between multiple documents
3) you want to publish many part independently
I don't preview often personally but I point 2 is quite important. 3 is your case. Otherwise a plain big document is just fine.

= And no, I don't think there's any easy way to print a single document as
= various documents.

Wouldn't this be a nice feature -- to have the software divide the document between volumes, just like it already divides it between pages, etc.?

I wouldn't mind to divide things once, but some things -- like TOCs and styles, should apply to the entire work once...

TOCS and document classes are done globally with the master document so that should just work.

Abdel.