Peleg Michaeli wrote:
On Fri, 2008-11-21 at 23:18 +0000, Guenter Milde wrote:
So you really have a Psi-key?

Well, yes. I type a lot of math, so I have configured my keyboard to
have all of the greek letters, including √, ∞, ∝, ≤≥ ⊆⊇ ⊂⊃ ←→ ⇐⇒ − ≠ ≡ ∀
∃ and many more. I thought that it might really shorten my LyX
experience (though, I still mostly use vim for LaTeX, but LyX is much
better with Hebrew), but...
In 1.6, you will get a  text-psi in text and (with the above fix) a
kursive math \psi in the LaTeX output.

...but I guess I'll need 1.6 for that. Well, I'm quite scared of this,
since I only have ubuntu 7.04 and I don't know how it'll react, and
since it took me a while to configure Hebrew properly in that LyX (I've
been through hell, actually... but maybe this hell is related to
configuring the Hebrew fonts in pdflatex, actually, and not in LyX? I'm
not so sure...)

I'll have to think about it a bit (add information if you like to!)

Thanks a lot,
Peleg.

Hi, Peleg!

I'm not totally clear as to how your keyboard is set up, and I think that that may be the problem (for what it's worth, I'm able to create the "C-g y" binding without any trouble, with Hebrew; this is in 2.0svn, but I don't think this should have changed appreciably even from 1.5).

Do you use a keyboard map (Tools->Preferences->Keyboard-> "use keyboard math"; the exact menus may be a little different in 1.5)?

Does your keyboard output english or hebrew (i.e., do you switch languages at the keyboard level, or *only* using F12 in LyX)?

When you say "so I have configured my keyboard to have all of the greek letters, including √, ∞, ∝, ≤≥ ⊆⊇ ⊂⊃ ←→ ⇐⇒ − ≠ ≡ ∀ ∃ and many more" --- did you do anything to actually configure the keyboard, or just paste stickers on or something? I mean, when you press a key, will LyX be getting a "g" or some unicode character?

Depending on your answers to these questions, I *may* be able to help a
little...

Dov