You can use the package nopageno in the preamble for that.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Micha" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 6:32 PM
Subject: Re: getting a document with no page numbers

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 18:21:56 +0200
Dov Feldstern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Micha wrote:
> I trying to get a document with no page numbers and for some reason > it's
> just not working.
>
> both
> \pagestyle{empty}
> \thispagestyle{empty}
>
> seem to be ignored.
>
> Any idea on where to look for the culprit?
> the document style is article, bibtex and amstex are in use. The > document is
> both hebrew and english
>
> thanks

\thispagestyle{empty} works for me (1.7svn, article, hebrew and english, but no bibtex or amstex). Note that the command has to be in ERT on the specific page, not in the preamble (which is obvious, given that it's for a specific
page --- but I think I once had trouble because of that ;) ). Besides the
ERT, I also set the Document->Settings...->Page Layout->Heading style to
"empty" --- I'm not sure if both are necessary or not...

thanks, that was what I was missing. For some reason \pagestyle{empty} doesn't work for the first page which requires an explicit \thispagestyle{empty}. I put
it in the preamble and that didn't work.

HTH!
Dov

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3632 (20081121) __________

http://www.eset.com