Andre Poenitz wrote:
On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 04:25:09PM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Abdelrazak Younes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Which version of Qt? Are you using a precompiled package or did you
compile by yourself? Maybe the package was compiled with stdlib-debug?
Note that all the load is in the X server. I would be surprised to see
that it is a consequence of using stdlib-debug.

Also, since the problem scales with the window size it sounds drawing
related...

Am I allowed to proceed by elimination? :-) just in case that's not obvious...

FWIW, I have a moderately powered laptop and when I type very fast in full screen mode on an external screen (1900x1200), there is a small latency. And the X server is taking 90% of the CPU while LyX is taking about 3%. But then I am using the proprietary Nvidia driver so I am not too surprised. Things were not that complicated on Windows, oh my....

Abdel.