Hi JMarc,

Thanks for your answer!
Is it you in youtube??? :-)

I had an idea regarding this issue, which could be useful a wide range of
issues

The easiest option at the moment to find and replace would be to export as
latex into an editor, and find and replace y_{1t}  into  x_{1t}. Then import
it again.

If LyX is an editor for Latex, why don't we have a special button that
enables us to switch from "regular" LyX view to a "programing" editor view?

Then, I would find and replace like I will do now in a programming editor.
Furthermore, this would cover all the latex command possible in one shot.

When I'm done, I press again "regular" lyx view, and continue my work.

Another side benefit would be that it actually helps us to understand what
underlying latex commands were actually used in LyX, which would bring me
back to the basics, closer to the LyX/Latex idea.

The bad part in Scientific Workplace is that they are getting further and
further away from Latex.  I like LyX because it somehow the best of both
worlds.

What do you say??

Best regards,  Erez

--