> Hi Marcelo,
> thank you for your answer. The mistake was my own - when
> defining text parts
> as quotes i sometimes marked the citations as quotes too,
> which led to the
> strange pdf outputs. So there's no problem with lyx at
> all. It's the user :)!
> Anyway, I think that it would be a good enshancement for a
> next version, to
> make the distinction between different parts of the text
> more visible on the
> edit screen. I finally found the mistake in the latex
> source code (using
> kile), where the commands are clearly visible (because
> written).
> Being a pretty chaotic writer, i'll use kile in future,
> to avoid problems like
> this.
>
> All the best,
> Daniel

 Excuse me. I don´t understand what happened.
 Quotes may have footnotes.
 In Lyx quotes appears clearly centered and footnotes appears in an box with a
button. I have some problems but never have this confusion.
 For me, a very  chaotic writer, Lyx is a great help in to clarify complex
text. Without navigation menú, box for footnotes, indicated titles, quotes, and
so on, a big work is very difficult in plain Latex with my document pestered
with Latex commands.
 In any case, good luck with Kile!
 Regards
Marcelo