Kuang Chen wrote:
Hi, Konrad:

    Problem solved. I found the reason seems to be that spacing is big whenever
I want to insert a real display equation in a separate line. However if I
insert it right after a paragraph by ctrl+alt+n, a new box will also show up on
a new line below the paragraph, but the spacing is normal. Any idea why?

Yes, because starting a new line means starting a new "paragraph" (you might have to read up what a paragraph means in latex). And each paragraphs gets extra space. But usually you want your equations to be part of the same paragraph as the surrondind text (so no 'enter' before and after the text). It's the same in Latex.

/Konrad