Nicolás schreef:
Rich Shepard wrote:
  Nor the TeX way. If someone wants a WISIWIG writing tool there are
multiple word processors that are specifically designed for that. They'll show page breaks, different typefaces, and all the other appearance items on the screen as the document is being written. If that's what's desired, use those tools and don't ask that a totally different tool be adapted to your
wants.

Rich

Well, I found this answer to be a little rude, and this moved me to answer. Maybe it was not the intention, but it looks to me that way. What is wrong with asking LyX to be adapted to one's needs? Nothing, in my opinion. If LyX is becoming a more and more powerful and comfortable to use tool is thanks to the developers, but also thanks to all the people that suggest feature improvements (based on their own needs). A different thing is demanding your request to be fulfilled! But that was not what bigblop did. He was just wondering about any potential plans for showing separate pages in LyX.

I guess he was just not aware that this is actually not feasible in LyX, as Richard G. Heck kindly explained.
What if it would be feasible ? Would it be an added value or is it too the-non-tex-way ?

Vincent