Hello all,

I recently installed LyX 1.6.1 using the alternate installer binary for Windows. The downloaded and installed file is "LyX-161-4-16-AltInstaller-Complete.exe" which is the "all inclusive" variant including MikTeX 2.7 and everything else needed.

One problem that I am facing is that I am unable to export a document to the OpenDocument format (odt). I do get a valid .odt file but it has no contents whatsoever. Same thing if I first export to .tex and start oolatex by hand. I get an error like:

t4ht.c (2008-02-25-18:56 kpathsea)
t4ht nirt2.tex
  -cooxtpipes
  -coo
  -ec:\tex4ht\texmf\tex4ht\base\win32\tex4ht.env
  -cvalidate
(C:/Programme/MiKTeX 2.7/tex4ht/base/win32/tex4ht.env)
Entering nirt2.lg
System call: move nirt2.4oo nirt2.tmp
System return: 0
System call: java -classpath c:/tex4ht/texmf/tex4ht/bin/tex4ht.jar xtpipes -i c
:\tex4ht\texmf\tex4ht\xtpipes\ -o nirt2.4oo nirt2.tmp
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: xtpipes
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: xtpipes
Could not find the main class: xtpipes.  Program will exit.
--- Warning --- System return: 1

It seemed to me that paths of the tex4ht package were configured wrong. Therefore, as a quick test I copied the tex4ht folder from
        C:\Programme\MiKTeX 2.7\tex4ht
        C:\tex4ht\texmf\tex4ht
Now, I could export the document to OpenDocument format!

It is the first time I use LyX (and MikTeX) but it seems that I should edit C:\Programme\MiKTeX 2.7\tex4ht\base\win32\tex4ht.env and correct the paths.

I ask the list if this is the solution or is there an easyer way to set up tex4ht correctly?

Cheers,
Andreas Hofer