> ... aspell complains at every word where a soft hyphen is hidden. (hex AD).
> What can I do to prevent this?
>
> Im not sure but maybe it can be solved with the LyX Spellchecker dialog box
> under preferences which says "characters to ignore". But I do not know how
> to input the soft hyphen. Could someone help me?

I found (finally!) another solution and will report it here just in case
someone meets the same problem:

The trick is to remove the soft hyphen with the find-replace box inside LyX
itself. The problem is that you can't see these soft hyphens. But you can do
the following:

1. Let aspell find this invisible character. It will select the first part
of the word until to the hyphen.
2. Disrupt the spellchecker (press "close" in the spellchecker box)
3. Get rid of the selected part of the word (press return)
4. Select the hidden character to the right of the cursor: (press
Shift-Cursor Right)
5. Now the sign magically appears and is selected! Copy it into the find and
replace dialog.
6. Start with the replacements.

[You can't remove this special character in the find-replace dialog. You
have to overwrite it with another word you are looking for.]