jezZiFeR wrote:
As far as I understand, this function removes ligations. I want to add a
ligaton, which works automatically for many letters, but not for the french
»Oeuvre«. I tried to enter the ligature break anyway, but nothing changed,
still no ligation.

I don't know if there's any automatic way to get that ligature. But you can enter \OE in ERT (\oe for lowercase), or you could use unicode. Open the minibuffer (Alt-X) and type: unicode-insert 0x0152, or unicode-insert 0x0153. Of course you could bind these to keys if you needed them often.

rh