Peter Baumgartner wrote:
Hello,

In my LyX installation 1.6.1 on Mac OSX I have a cross-reference window with
an input field called "Name" which is always grayed out so that no input is
possible.

Maybe this should work for formatted references? But how to use it?

This is only used with docbook-based classes. Hence its being grayed out.

BTW: IMHO there should be more explication in the User'sGuide how to use the
package prettyref. In the German version even the important message "Note:
This feature is only available when you have the LaTeX-package prettyref
installed" is missing." Where can I report this desire?

Perhaps on the doc list? Or directly to the maintainer of the German User's Guide.

As for using prettyref, you should look at the prettyref documentation.

rh