Hi,

I have a LaTeX class called toptesi that has a special latex command \indici
that produces the table of contents, list of figures and list of tables
etc., in a specific format. I want to use this using the Inset features of
LyX. Now I know that you can insert LaTeX commands in LyX, but this is more
for my mother than for me, and so she cannot understand this. I want to
create a layout file that will modify the CommandInset for the TOC to
generate a different code.

The present CommandInset for TOC generates the following:
\begin_inset CommandInset toc
LatexCommand tableofcontents

\end_inset

Instead of producing this, I want LyX to generate the following code:

\begin_inset CommandInset toc
LatexCommand indici

\end_inset

I have been trying to do this for a long while with LyX 1.6.1 which follows
LyX layout format version 11, but failed miserably. Here is what I tried:

InsetLayout "CommandInset toc"
     LatexCommand           indici
End

I have tried several combinations and none of them seem to work. I think
there should be a way to customize CommandInset layouts just as it is
possible to customize Floats. Can anyone help me with this? The document on
Customizing LyX does not mention anything about CommandInsets.

Please help if you know how to do this. I don't even find an example layout
file in the LyX package that does something similar.

Balaji