Rainer M Krug wrote:

> I can not select text when using SHIFT and the LEFT or RIGHT cursor
> keys, but it works with the UP and DOWN keys. When I selected text
> (either via mouse or UP or DOWN keys), the selection becomes
> unselected, when I use the LEFT or RIGHT keys.

from the RELEASE_NOTES:

"Caveats when upgrading from earlier versions to 1.6.x

- Since several lyx functions have been renamed (see above), old
  configuration files (*.ui, *.bind) may no longer work. If some
  functions (such as Shift-right for selecting text) fail to work
  after the upgrade from previous versions, make sure you do not
  have any old configuration files in your LyX user directory, or
  adapt these files to the new functions."

Jürgen