On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 12:55 PM, Dr. Joachim K. Rennstich
<rennst...@fordham.edu> wrote:
> I am successfully working with Lyx 1.6.1 and my installation of coco-Aspell
> on my Mac with OS X 10.5.6. I have not been able to get the spelling checker
> to ever learn a word. Under "Preferences > Language Settings > Spellchecker"
> I have an option to add a Personal Dictionary "Other than the default" -
> since this default doesn't seem to work, how can manually add personal
> dictionary? What kind of file do I need to create that will show in the
> dialog box as a selectable file? A simple .txt file (e.g., personaldict.txt)
> won't work.
>
> Any suggestions would be most welcome - thanks in advance!

cocoAspell seems to want user dictionaries to be placed in
~/Library/Spelling. It should work, therefore, if you enter
~/Library/Spelling/mydictionary (or whatever filename you want) into
LyX > Preferences > Language Settings > Spelling > Personal
Dictionary.

Bennett