On 2009-01-17, Nikos Alexandris wrote:
> Hi all! I finally managed to get "Greek" Translations of various
> Headings using the article(KOMA-Script) and the Language set to English.

Why don't you use Greek? Babel should save you the work to re-define the
names if you set the document language to Greek (or polutonic Greek).

> I also use the kerkis package which is in my opinion very nice looking.

> However there is one small problem concerning the "\appendix". If am I
> not wrong, \appendix is not an environment but a command (source: the
> KOMA-Script documentation).

\appendix is a declaration, it just tells "appendix starts here" and
LaTeX will give the next section heading a different number and layout..

> Can someone shed some light? How can I explicitly set the font for the
> Appendix
> % references
> \AtBeginDocument{%
> \renewcommand{\refname}{\textgreek{Phg\char232c}}%
> }

> % appendix
> \AtBeginDocument{%
> \renewcommand\appendix{\textgreek{Par\char136rthma}}%
> }

Did you try with \appendixname?

Otherwise you should look in the babel documentation (or the greek
definition files for babel for the right command).

Günter