On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 14:50:06 -0800 (PST)
joegumbo <joe...@joegum.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using LyX 1.4.5.1 on Slackware 12.1.  There's an odd problem...
>
> When I export my file from LyX to pdf, only the first 2/3rds of the file
> appears in the .pdf file.  The last page or so is missing.  But, when I view
> the file in the oroginal .lyx format, or export as a plain text file, the
> whole document is there.  I've tried Saving and exporting again, renaming
> the file and exporting, etc.  But, I cannot successfully export the whole
> document into pdf http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2178919/Outline_Ch1b.lyx
> Outline_Ch1b.lyx , just the first 2/3rds.

Latex doesn't break pages after section heads so if you have only section heads
it fails to break them. The page is there but it just runs of the page.

You can see that if you force page breaks or add some text after the section
heads.

A workaround to see the outline in the mean time is to head a table of contents
which does break across pages.